Monday, June 9, 2008

Letter Doodles

Sam has been enthralled with letters and pencils and paper. Whenever I'm sitting at the computer he will pull out a piece of paper, beg for a pencil, and insist on me writing some letters for him. He is then content to go off and do his on meticulous doodles on the paper all the while jabbering different sounds. Today I was able to catch it on the camera which says a lot because usually when I pull the camera out he stops whatever he is doing to grab at it.





The doodles are in light pencil and kindof hard to see in the pictures. If you click on the images and blow them up you will be able to see them better.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sarah - I don't know if you've heard of this DVD, but I think that Sammy would really enjoy it. It's made by Leap Frog and it's called Letter Factory. You can get it at Target for about $10. It teaches children the letters of the alphabet and the sounds that they make. Kaitlin started recognizing letters within a week of watching it. And now she knows all of the letters and the sounds that they make and she's only been watching it for a few months. They also make a DVD called Word Factory that Elijah may like - I haven't bought it yet, but it comes highly recommended just like Letter Factory.