Wednesday, July 16, 2008

slight delay

I was rather proud of us this morning. We were up early and had the car packed and ready to go at 7:30 this morning. We had left the house and were about twenty minutes down the road, taking the scenic route through Golden, when our brakes decided not to work! (well, not 100% of the time)

We stopped at a place near where we were but they weren't sure they were going to be able to look at our car this morning. So we called our old reliable auto shop and they said they would look at it so we turned around and drove carefully home. Josh dropped us off at the house and then took the car in. I still haven't heard a verdict or timetable. I'm really hoping we make it out today! There always seems to be bumps on our adventures.

I am grateful that we decided to take the more scenic route as opposed to the freeway and discovered this problem before we were too far from home (and on the windy, hilly roads of I-70). I am grateful I wasn't driving and Josh was able to stay calm despite me panicing. I am grateful that we made it home safe.

No comments: