Monday, July 7, 2008

Color Chaos

Lately Elijah's favorite color has been different from day to day, but almost always by default it is green. He asked me the other day why red is still my favorite color, not understanding why I am not changing mine as often as he changes his. It's always interesting to get a glimpse of what is going on in that little man's head.


On the way to church yesterday Elijah declared, "I don't want my house to be green anymore. I want it to be red."

Josh and I told him that it just wasn't going to happen. They weren't going to come back and paint our house a different color simple because he wants them to. We gave him the reasons that it takes too much money and too much time. Elijah didn't quite get it and tried to explain that the painters would have the money.

Ultimately it came down to "But green isn't my favorite color anymore."

And the world should change on the whim of a three year old. Can you only imagine?

No comments: