Monday, July 14, 2008

Packing Break and Skates

Elijah begged to take his roller skates to the park last week. We haven't really had a chance to use them much since I found them last year at a garage sale (for a dollar). He did very well rolling along with just a little bit of help in the beginning. Eventually he turned around and made it all the way to the pavillion by himself with his little scooting rolling moves. What a cute kid! I'll just take him home with me!


Well, the week of our long awaited vacation has finally come! I'll be spending today and tomorrow getting everthing cleaned up around the house and everything gathered and packed for our trip. It takes quite a lot of my mental power to make sure everything gets done and packed that needs to. I have quite a few lists that I keep adding to and marking off.


We will be driving out on Wednesday, hopefully pretty early so we can make it to Grammie's house and participate in the much anticipated "Cowboy Party" (I'm sure there will be pictures to come of that exciting event). Josh and I are then off for our anniversary trip to Escalante at the Slot Canyons Inn. Sadly the trip is being cut short for Josh. He has too much going on at work right now to take another week off. He will be driving home by himself on Monday and the boys and I will be staying through to the 31st and flying home.

I'm excited to spend time with our families. An added bonus is that my grandma is visiting my parents right now. I haven't seen her in 3 1/2 years, not since Elijah's first Christmas. She hasn't even seen Sammy yet. I'm excited to spend time with her and glean some family history information out of her. (I'm having the slight buzz in my head that I have said all this before but can't remember when/where. I appologize if this is all a repeat.)


Anyway, I guess my break is up. Lots to do!
I'll catch ya on the otherside of the mountains!

No comments: