Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith

It has been over four years since I had a calling that allowed for me to be in Relief Society regularly during the Sunday meeting block. I have set goals to read along with the lessons they are giving from the Teachings of the Living Prophets series, but have failed miserably in the past on my own.

Today I read the article in the January Ensign introducing the new manual for the year on the teachings of Joseph Smith and it got me really excited about the new material. Lately my brain has been processing things as related to a blog and the blogging community. Since I will be in Primary and not in Relief Society, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing their insights or notes about the Joseph Smith lessons from the 2nd and 3rd Sundays of each month (whether you are in Relief Society yourself or not) here on my blog. I think this might help give me the motivation (and the deadline) to get the reading done myself and open up some gospel topics for comments.

I believe for this Sunday we are doing lesson 4: The Book of Mormon: Keystone of Our Religion. ( please correct me if I am wrong. my ward is doing ward conference this coming week and I don't know if this will affect my ward's schedule or not-can you tell I'm in the dark?)

I will post soon about the lesson (after I have read it). I'm planning on posting my favorite quote or something and would welcome any comments, insights, quotes etc. to that post.

I love this gospel and I am excited to learn from the words of our first latter-day prophet, Joseph Smith. I hope we can learn together!

No comments: