Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Joseph Smith Lesson 4


It turns out my ward didn't study lesson 4 last Sunday because of Ward Conference. But I read Lesson 4 on the Book of Mormon anyway and really enjoyed it. As promised (though a little later than I had intended) one of my favorite quotes from the lesson. I really liked the last three paragraphs of the lesson on page 66, but I'll narrow the quote down a bit.

“… He that can mark the power of Omnipotence, inscribed upon the heavens, can also see God’s own handwriting in the sacred volume (meaning the Book of Mormon): and he who reads it oftenest will like it best, and he who is acquainted with it, will know the hand wherever he can see it; and when once discovered, it will not only receive an acknowledgment, but an obedience to all its heavenly precepts."


I thought this to be a great promise about the way the Book of Mormon can affect its dedicated readers; that our eyes will be even more open to see the hand of God in the world around us and in our own lives.



**Does anyone have anything they found interesting about the lesson, either in their own personal study or Relief Society lesson?

No comments: