Thursday, May 1, 2008

Grocery List Cards

I have an idea of my own to post!

I read somewhere, probably family fun, about a mom that made picture grocery lists for her kids before they left so they could feel like they were helping with the shopping and be less bored/troublesome. I thought this was a great idea and last week I made my own spin-off.

I decided to make and laminate (I'm loving my thermal laminater!) individual cards with the name and picture of the items I buy regularly at the grocery store (ie. eggs, milk, juice, produce) I then punched holes in the cards and put them on a metal ring.
Before I go to the store I can go through the cards and pick out the ones we need and put them on the ring. When we get to the store I pull them out for Elijah to look at and help me remember what we need. We did it yesterday and it worked pretty well! I realized that I missed a few things I could put on there so I'll have to make some more cards. Not only did it get Elijah involved in the shopping but it actually did help me remember what I needed to buy.
If anyone happens to be interested in making your own--I have the file I made and would be happy to email it to you (I don't know how to put a file download on my blog, does blogger even let you do that? I would love to know how if they do.)

1 comment:

Celeste said...

Hey I love this idea I think it is great and I would love the file please send it to me. Thanks!!