Wednesday, April 9, 2008

yay!!! (and not so yay)


Last night we got to go to my sister's university band concert at BYU. I guess technically they boys weren't allowed to go in, but they were kind enough to lift the band on children as long as they were quiet.

The boys did really well and were getting into the music, especially Sammy. He was dancing and reading the program. Then when the song ended, and the conductor is still at attention, and everything is silent... Sammy let out a big "Yay!" and enthusiastically started clapping his hands. I was totally caught off guard by his outburst, but man was it cute! Later we asked my sister if she had heard him and indeed she had all the way on stage (even the conductor noticed and laughed). So here's for cute little boys that don't hold back when they are moved by good music.



The concert was really enjoyable. Josh and I haven't been able to go to one in awhile. I love seeing music performed live. I not only love hearing the powerful sounds but seeing the expressions of the musicians and their movements in sync with each other. I also love watching the conductor (I miss being under the command of a conductor) and how he can pull the music out of the musicians with his precise little movements.

----------------------------------------


Unfortunatly we are still in Utah. We got delayed by weather, diahrea, and now weather again. I haven't often come across 100% precipitation, but today it's all over the board, especially in Vail, with below freezing temperatures. We decided with a baby with diahrea and a sore sore bum, and bad weather conditions with our little prism, it wasn't the best idea to travel today. The sad thing is tomorrow isn't looking much better. It is not often that I say this, but I am ready to just get back to Colorado and back to our normal lives.

No comments: