Thursday, April 17, 2008

To Draw Closer to God

I read this book not nessesarily by recomendation from my dad, but more by example. I know it is one that he likes to read from often, and that intrigued me. I was not disappointed.

This is one of those books that makes you want to be better. And not only do you want to be better, but Elder(now President) Eyring gives you how you can be better and promises that will come from action. If you were to look at my copy of this book you would immediatly notice that it is underlined in many many places. President Eyring bears such strong testimony and teaches with the spirit that you can feel it as you read. The book helps teach you how to apply the scriptures in your daily life and in doing so "draw closer to God."

I would strongly recommend this book. I plan on reading and pondering the chapters again and applying the teachings even more in my life. There is so much that this book has to give.



No comments: