Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pudding on the Rice

When we were in Provo, my mom made sure to take us to a little place called Pudding on the Rice. It is a food place (I'm not sure I would call it a restaurant, what else can you call it?) that serves only rice pudding. But this is not your average grandmother's rice pudding, this is pudding on the rice.

When you first walk in the design of the place takes your breath away. It is very modern, like it was pulled out of the future modern, we're talking tables hanging from the ceiling. Their case is just full of different flavors of cold rice pudding: chocolate, peanut butter, coconut, lemon, pistachio, raspberry... and many more. But that is not what they are called; they all have fancy names (I wish I could remember them and their link on their website isn't working) and you can even get toppings on top. I went in not thinking myself to be a rice pudding fan (Josh on the other hand grew up with his grandma making it), that I would just taste Josh's and I came out surprised and satisfied. This place is hip and unlike any other "food place" out there. If you ever find yourself in Provo, make sure to make a stop and try the out of this world cool pudding.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

yumm sounds good. But hey who am I kidding everything sounds good to me!! I wish we could have gotten together while you were here. I miss you my friend!!

Pratt Family said...

Never heard of that food joint...definitely sounds interesting. Can't judge it until I've tried some. Maybe next time we're in Utah, I'll try it out. I've never had rice pudding, but lots of people seem to enjoy. How often do ya visit Utah? When are you planning to go again? It would fun to see ya and your darling fam.