Sunday, April 6, 2008

general conference

General conference, especially in the spring, is my favorite time of year. I love being able to hear the words of the prophets and general authorities. I always leave with a greater desire to be better. Being in Utah we have the great blessing of being able to watch in the comfort of our own homes (a great blessing when you have small children).

Yesterday we had the opprotunity to sustain our new prophet, Thomas S. Monson, in solemen assembly. It was moving to watch all of the different groups of people stand and sustain our leaders. As I watched President Monson, I could imagine what this ment to see all the people sustain him. It was a powerful moment to raise my own hand to the square. I am so grateful that we have a living prophet on the earth today that guides the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that if I follow his teachings I will be doing what the Lord has commanded. I'm grateful for conference which gives me the opprotunity to hear the words of the prophets and learn how I can be better.

No comments: