Monday, March 3, 2008

Check It Out: Pandora Radio

My sister cued me into this website. It's an online radio site without commercials! It gets even better... They are part of the Music Genome Project. Essentially they take the songs and artists you know you like and find songs with a similar musical identity. You have control over what songs you hear! You can give the song a thumbs up that will help them find more songs you like or a thumbs down and they will take the song off of your station and calculate that into future songs you hear. You can also block explicit content. When you create an account you save your specific station, you can create more than one station, you can listen whenever you are online, and even share it with friends. Pretty cool! I wish I had known about this while I was working! oh well.

2 comments:

Susan said...

You're right - this is way cool! I'm listening to my radio station right now as I write this comment- so fun!

Becca said...

Pandora is fun, and Last.fm is good too! I like last.fm a little better, but I just really like the idea of free radio that adjusts to what you like.