Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Game Review: Lost Cities

We received this game for Christmas from my parents. It is a two player card game that has has one a few awards, has many positive reviews and has been on the top seller list of Fun Again Games for months.

Josh and I have played it probably 5 or 6 times now and I will be honest the game has really frustrated me.

The rules are simple enough, game play is pretty straight forward, but the stragety was (and still is a bit) hard for me to figure out. I was extreemly frustrated that I kept loosing and didn't know why or how to change it. There is a lot of luck in the game as to what cards you end up with and if you don't get the cards in an ideal order you are likely not to do well that round.

I will say that once I got through my initial frustration I like the game. Josh even says he likes it better than Canasta, another 2 or 4 player card game. My need to figure out the best way to play has proved to be addicting and I can say I am getting better.

Overall, I recomend this game but be warned that there is a lot of luck involved in the game play and for those of us that like to have a little more control in a strategy game it may prove frustrating for awhile. (Though I don't think Josh ever got as frustrated with it as I did)

1 comment:

The Fullmers Four said...

I need to live closer to you guys, so you can help me teach Thomas to enjoy playing games.