Sunday, May 24, 2009

Impromptu Family Outing

Yesterday morning was a bit depressing. I had planned to go garage saleing but Josh at the last minute remembered that he was helping someone in the ward move and that ended up taking a lot longer than anticipated. I was left at home with two squabbling boys and a large, smelly, black puddle under our kitchen sink (ew sick!! and maintenance has yet to come about it). By the time Josh got home I was a bit frazzled and Josh still had to go into work to maintain his "fridge." I was at the end of my rope. That was when Josh stepped in and decided that we were all going into work and then out for a hike. I dragged my feet a bit but we all ended up going and despite already being sore from kickboxing the day before I did end up enjoying myself and being with my family.

It was a bit overcast and cool, perfect for being outdoors. We ended up hiking up behind Josh's lab. I guess they own a lot of the property up into the foothills. Elijah determined that we were going up to the top of a hill. He was a ball full of energy and practically ran up the hill. Sam on the otherhand was content to say "I tired" and ride on Josh's shoulders.











The view from the top of the hill was quite beautiful. Elijah and I had fun taking pictures of the wild flowers and mountains and Sam loved looking out for the birds and bunnies. It started to sprinkle while we were up there and the smell was heavenly. There's nothing like an afternoon out in nature with your family to brighten your mood. Thanks Josh!



















No comments: