Friday, January 11, 2008

review: ticket to ride switzerland


Josh and i got a chance to play the new switzerland expansion to ticket to ride. it is an independent game board and tickets, but you use the train cards and trains from one of the three original sets. it is a 2-3 player game and you only use 40 of the trains (instead of 45). overall the game play was pretty nice and very similar to ticket to ride usa (which we play often. its a great 2 player or multi-player game. i highly recomend it).

major differences to usa: tunnels, use of wilds, discarded tickets, duplicate tickets and generalized tickets (country to country/city)

the thing that threw josh and i off the most was the duplicate tickets. there are some country to country tickets that are exacly the same. which means if you get one you get both and you are very lucky (and the other player is very annoyed. it makes for a big point pay-off if done correctly)
Overall, both of us enjoyed it and are happy to have it in our collection. I am sure it will be pulled off our shelf regularly.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hooray!! You've just made my day! I'm so happy you started a blog. I'm always pestering people to start up blogs, because otherwise I have no idea what they are up to. I feel so flattered that you linked me. ;) You're kiddos are the cutest ever... that curly hair is to die for! I hope that you will soon be including pictures of you and Josh as well. Oh, and we love Ticket to Ride! I've never done the Switzerland one though... now I'm very interested to try it!