Wednesday, January 9, 2008

blogging: beyond reason

here are a few i came up with anyway:

  • it's a great way to keep my family in the know.

  • i enjoy catching up with friends without going to too much effort; i know i'm lazy (hence the lowercase "i"'s). i enjoy just taking a few minutes from my kids and wasting time on the internet, so i use that time to read up on what my friends and others have to say. i figure if i enjoy reading ramblings of friends why wouldn't they enjoy reading my ramblings.

  • i needed a place to vent the ramblings going on in my head. i spend all day with a three year old and a one year old. i needed some outlet for my thoughts and observations. let's face it, my brain is suffering from under-usage.

  • i like to waste time on the internet and thought this might be a productive use of my wasted time-- i.e.wasting time and keeping a personal history of sorts at the same time... sounded good to me!

  • i have the cutest kids and a pretty good life and figure if i don't write about it no one will know and that seems sad.

  • blogging seems like a great medium for sharing your talents, interests, triumphs, life's challenges, everyday comings and goings, blessings and trials, etc. it's something you can look at and say "hey, i accomplished something. i am learning and growing"

  • the truth is i am opinionated. i'm just quiet about it.

  • and really it is just the thing to do. everyone is doing it so why not me. (i've always been a great follower)

No comments: