Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Commercial songs

it happens that i have come across some new music that has intriqued me in the past week or so. Both these artist have reached my ears (and probably yours too) initially through commercials.

The first one is the song from the new apple air laptop commercial entitled "New Soul" by Yael Naim. Apparently she is an Israeli singer born in Paris that sings mostly in Hebrew... very interesting. (her last name is also the same as my grandpa's first name-a nice little connection buzz)



The other artist that has reached my ears lately is Ingrid Michaelson. She did the "sweater" song for the Old Navy ads this past fall. The song is titled "The Way I Am". She has also had some of her songs featured on Grey's Anatamy. She has a different sound and some interesting lyrics. I came across her through a Borders concert to promote her new cd. You can see the video on Borders website. I especially like the song "Overboard".

Hope you enjoy.

(ha, i figured out how to put a YouTube video on my blog! watch out world!)

No comments: