Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's all in a Nickname

I had one of my young women over a few weeks ago and when we were taking her home she was sitting in the back of the car with Elijah.  He asked her what her nickname was and then went on to tell her that his nickname was "Handsome."  Josh and I just cracked up in the front seat.  Yes, I call the kid handsome (I call all my boys handsome including especially Josh) but it makes me smile that Elijah's telling people handsome is his nickname.

Elijah and Sam also explained that Matilda's short name is Tilly but her nicknames are anything starting with "Sweetie" such as Sweetie Pie, Sweetie Cake, Sweetie Cookie... you get the idea.  The funny thing is that those are her declared nicknames but they don't actually call her any of those names unless they are talking about nicknames.

No comments: