Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Big Day

Today was Elijah's first day of preschool! He has been so excited getting ready for today. We were able to meet his teacher on Friday, who happens to be named Miss Sarah. Elijah was very comfortable when I went to drop him off this afternoon. He went right in and started to play with the cool toys in his classroom. There were absolutely no problems when it came time for me to leave (at least on his side). When I went to pick him up he was happy, but ready to come home. I think they wore him out! He looked ready to crash. He is in a busy class with 7 other boys, no girls! They are in for a lot of fun.
It is surreal to me that my baby is old enough to be going to preschool. The time has flown so quickly. I am so excited for him and I know that he will have a great time this year making new friends and learning new things.








Another exciting and unexpected thing happend today. The boys were getting their jammies on and we were pushing Elijah to go potty (which has been a lot better the last couple days. We digressed after our Utah trip back into diapers, much to my frustration! But it seems that the desire is coming back). Sam has been picking up on the potty thing and usually goes when we are getting ready for bed. Tonight Josh and I were distracted when Sam was sitting doing his thing. Josh went in to check on him and found a grand surprise. Sam had pooped in the potty! My jaw dropped to the floor. This kid isn't even two yet! What a contrast!

1 comment:

Susan said...

That's so fun to have Elijah starting preschool - he'll like the change of scenery, and I'm sure you'll appreciate a little quieter house. :) Wouldn't that be CRAZY if Sam got fully potty trained before Elijah?! I guess kids really do progress at their own pace. :)