Friday, December 12, 2008

Edible Snowflakes

I've done a fair amount of blog surfing lately so I don't remember where I got this idea BUT I did it today and I had to share it.

You will need:
Tortillas
Cinnamon and Sugar
Oil

For my tortillas I buy the fresh, uncooked ones at Costco. If you have never had these you are missing out. Fresh tortillas are wonderful, soft, and melt in your mouth. Perfect for tacos, egg rolls, floutas, chimichangas, etc... If you don't have fresh tortillas you can use the store bought ones. You will need to heat them a bit in the microwave or get them a little wet so that they don't break when you fold them.

Fold your tortilla in half, and in half again. Cut it like you would a paper snowflake with your kitchen scissors. I made triangle cuts on all three sides.

Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet. While the oil is getting hot mix your cinnamon and sugar together. Make sure you have everything ready before you put the tortillas in the skillet, they cook lightening fast!

Once the oil is hot, put in a tortilla, flip it, and remove it to a paper towel covered plate. Sprinkle immediately with cinnamon/sugar.

Eat them warm and yummy! They even sparkle like snowflakes. Mine didn't last around long enough for me to take a picture of them.

No comments: