Friday, September 17, 2010

Keeping Busy ... Still no baby.

Well, I'm still hanging out and my bambino is proving stubborn and content to stay where he is.  With the help of my mom, I've been keeping busy.  In the last couple weeks we have gone to the Baltimore Aquarium, the Smithsonian National Museum of American History, Ikea (twice), Costco, finished a baby quilt, organized my main floor, spent a day doing quilts for two young women who lost their mother, working on the baby's afghan, emptied his room, set up the crib, and are currently preping it for paint. 

Through all these activities I've had moments where I have been rather uncomfortable (the Aquarium expecially) but still no baby.  Things looked promising at my appointment this morning.  He's still head down and I'm dialated further.  All I need are some good contractions then off to the hospital we go! 

Here are some pics from the Aquarium.  The boys absolutely loved it which is good because we got a membership.  Their favorite was the dolphin show.  I also really enjoyed the Jelly Fish exhibit. 

Elijah in front of a sub outside the museum

Calypso- a rescued sea turtle that we all fell in love with.  She was swimming in the tank with a ton of sting rays.  She had to have her front flipper amputated when they rescued her. 



Sam pointing out the baby upside down jellyfish

Cluster of Upside down Jellyfish



2 comments:

Susan said...

What a neat aquarium! You must be loving having a pass! When is the due date btw? are you almost past it? Here's to a cute new Strong baby!!

Jean said...

Thanks for the update. Looks like you are having fun and being productive while waiting for little buddy to be born. You are in our prayers and thoughts.
Goodness Elijah and Sammy look so big. Love you.