Monday, July 12, 2010

Living in Maryland

My observations:

Trees, Trees, TREES (and more trees)
Humidity- UGH!
I really like my house
Rain does not make it cooler outside
I would hate to learn how to drive on these freeways
There doesn't seem to be a "Maryland" accent
Grocery stores are small, lacking in selection, and expensive
No Super Target or Super Walmart (closest is 30+ minutes away)
You can't see the sunset
Close to loads of things to see including historical sites
Josh is enjoying his job
No one has sprinkler systems, they let their grass die (go dormant) in the summer
Love the variety of birds in my yard
You have to drive on a freeway to get most anywhere

Seems like I am forgetting some that have been floating around in my head. I'll update my list as they come to me.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so glad you posted!! I've been waiting and waiting to hear more from you :) I can't believe you are already 30 weeks pregnant. We have missed you guys a lot this summer.

Hmm . . . now I want to hear all about Girl's Camp!

Erin said...

Just a little side note about the grass...if you don't want your grass to get all dried up after mowing...you've got to trim your grass only slightly...if you trim it down too low then it really will just brown and die. I wondered why everyone in Ohio had lush, green grass that was like 4-5 inches high and my sister told me the deal. Interesting. I'm jealous you live in MD...well, that's not really the place I'd want to settle down in but it's so close to thousands of historical sights. Hope your pregnancy is going well!